The deadlines for submissions was on the 9th March 2017.
The final versions of the MAPA HS2 Action Group submission are available here.
How can I submit my views?
The Consultation closes at 23.45 on 9th March 2017. Your response must be received by then to be accepted. You must also include personal data for your response to be accepted.
There are 3 ways of making your views known:
- By online form at route2b.dialoguebydesign.net. Note: You will need to register your personal details before you make your response and create a login password. You then need to log in to submit your views.
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: We recommend that you include your full name and address in your submission. Make clear that you are responding to Question 4: Route around Measham, Leicestershire.
- By post to FREEPOST HS2 PHASE 2B ROUTE REFINEMENT CONSULTATION
Note: this is the complete address, you are advised to use capitals, no stamp needed.
The letter needs to be received by the deadline, so ensure your letter is posted in good time to reach their offices by the 9th March. Make clear that you are responding to Question 4: Route around Measham, Leicestershire
You don’t need to respond to the other questions (1-3, 5-9). If you have no views just skip these questions / leave them blank.
What does the consultation ask?
Question 4 asks:
Do you support the proposal to realign the route to the East of Measham? Please indicate whether or not you support the proposal together with your reasons.
- You can say that you don’t want HS2 at all on any route – but do try to also add some specific comments on the problems with this route as this is what is being decided.
- You do not have to say which route you think it should follow – although you can if you want to.
- Make sure you say ‘I do not support this proposal’ (assuming that is your view!).
What else should I say?
We review some of the main arguments below linked to each of the villages / areas of countryside. These are intended to provide guidance but where possible:
- Write about things that are important to you. These may relate to where you live or places or issues that are important to you.
- Wherever possible use your own words to make your points. Those looking at consultation responses tend to give lower weight to responses with very similar wording. Tell them why you are concerned about these issues. If you have particular expertise or experience that informs your view do tell them.
Our focus is on the Austrey to Packington re route
You can find information on the impact to your local area and how best to voice your feelings below: