The name of the organisation shall be Measham, Appleby, Packington, Austrey (MAPA) HS2 Action.
The aims of the Group shall be to: To make a coordinated response across the villages to HS2 issues affecting our communities; To encourage and support individual responses to the HS2 Consultation concerning the proposed route; To collect information and research the case against the HS2 Measham Re-Route; To maintain press interest and coverage; To ensure all decision makers and stakeholders are accountable.
To further these aims the committee shall have power to: (a) Obtain, collect and receive money or funds by way of contributions, donations, grants and any other lawful method towards the aims of the Group. (b) Associate local authorities, voluntary organisations and the residents of Measham, Appleby, Packington, Austrey and nearby locations in a common effort to carry out the aims of the Group. (c) Do all such lawful things as will further the aims of the Group.
- Voting membership shall be open to anyone over the age of 16 who supports the aims of the group.
- Those who subscribe to the mailing list will be taken to have applied for membership.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to approve or reject applications for membership or to terminate the membership of any member provided that the member shall have the right to be heard by the committee before a final decision is made.
- A Management Committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall manage the Group.
- The committee shall consist of a chair, secretary, treasurer, and up to 4 other voting members (representing the main villages affected).
- The committee may co-opt further voting members who take up specific roles. They shall resign at the next Annual General Meeting.
- The committee shall meet at least 2 times each year.
- At least 3 committee members must be present at a committee meeting to be able to make decisions.
- A proper record of all transactions and meetings shall be kept.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held within 12 months of the date of the adoption of this constitution and each year thereafter.
- Notices of the AGM shall be published three weeks beforehand and a report on the Group’s financial position for the previous year will be made available at the same time.
- A Special General Meeting may be called at any time at the request of the committee, or not less than one quarter of the membership. A notice explaining the place, date, time and reason shall be sent to all members three weeks beforehand.
- One third of membership or four members being present, whichever is the greater, shall enable a General Meeting to take place.
- Proposals to change the constitution must be given in writing to the secretary at least 28 days before a general meeting and approved by a two thirds majority of those present and voting.
- The funds of the group including all donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the management committee. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by at least two members of the Management Committee.
- The funds belonging to the group shall be applied only to further the aims of the group.
- A current record of all income, funding and expenditure will be kept.
- The Group may be dissolved by a resolution passed by a simple two-thirds majority of those present and voting at a Special General Meeting.
- If confirmed, the committee shall distribute any assets remaining after the payment of all bills to other charitable group(s) or organisation(s) having aims similar to the Group or some other charitable purpose(s) as the Group may decide.
Chair: Sonia Liff
Secretary: Alison Cooper
Treasurer: Michelle Watts